Corrugated metal roofing is among the most cost-effective options for roofing. This is true, especially considering how strong, long-lasting, efficient and low maintenance corrugated metal roofing is for your home or commercial building. Corrugating the thin metal material—typically steel or aluminum, makes the roofing material much more sturdy and reliable as it is processed into the common U- or V-shaped patterns. Also, today’s modern steel corrugated roofing material is galvanized with a zinc finish to prevent corrosion, visible rust and holes. Add to that the fact that galvanized metal roofing panels are available with an additional protective layer—paint. Panels are installed to overlap and screwed down into the structural surface of the roof. Caulking is applied to the joint of the two panels to prevent leaking.
THE VALUES OF CORRUGATED METAL ROOFING
Corrugated roofs are available in different types, including painted, standing seam, R-panel, 5 V-crimp, stone-coated and non-stone coated product. Explore the wide variety of paint colors and finishes for corrugated metal roofing systems that will beautify and protect your property.
CORRUGATED METAL ROOFING: ADVANTAGES
Corrugated metal roofing offers a number of significant advantages over other roofing options.
– Affordability. Relatively low-cost option for roofing materials and fairly quick to install.
– Energy efficient. The metal panels reflect the hot sun.
– Durability. Corrugated metal roofs have up to Class A fire ratings.
– Environmentally friendly. New panels contain recycled material, and used panels can be re-used and recycled.
– Aesthetics. Corrugated metal roofing offers a classic, time-honored, modern, yet historic visual appeal.
– Style choices. A large range of paint color and finish options are available.